Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Columbus Day - Hike up Geissler Mountain

I went for a hike on Monday because I had the day off . . . it's great to be working for the feds. I was originally going to hike along a trail up to a lake, but once I made it to the trail head I looked up and I thought I could make it to the top of one of the mountains. The hike was all off trail with 2700' of elevation gain, so it was a tough hike, but the view was great. I did a little fishing on my way down and caught a couple of cutthroat trout, so all in all it was a great day.

Here is a video from the peak.



Taking a break on the way up. As you can see, I am growing out my beard again, for hunting season of course.



A view from the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment