Charlie said to me today, "I'm so happy that Daddy works, and I'm so happy that you stay home." MELT MY HEART.
He has been rocking at swimming lessons this week. Charlie said that he likes doing rockets the best. Rockets are swimming under water from 8ish feet from the steps. He can kick his legs and do a really good job!
Molly had carrots for the first time a few days ago (8-4-14). She shuddered a lot. :/ She stuck with it for three nights, but her response was about the same each night. She never refused to open her mouth though!
Molly had her six-month appointment on 8-4-14. She weighs 15 pounds 8 ounces and is 25 1/2 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for height and weight, and 75th for her head. She got two shots (no HIB - it wasn't in stock) and an oral vaccination. She spiked a low fever that night (100.5), and her legs were really tender. She seems to be ok now, though there is a hard lump and a red mark the size of a quarter on one of her thighs from the shot.
It seems as if I have gotten quite a bit if one-on-one time with Alanna lately. Since Matt took Charlie hiking, the girls got extra attention from me all day on Saturday. Then on Monday, Charlie said he was super tired, so he laid down for a 90-minute nap. Molly was sleeping at the same time, so Alanna and I had another stretch of time together. Tonight, Charlie had a make-up swimming lesson (two in one day!) at 5, so Matt took him. Molly slept until 6, so Alanna and I played and talked some more. Even though we have me gone anywhere or done anything spectacular together, I have enjoyed our individual time together a lot. It's fun to have uninterrupted conversation with her and play whatever it is she wants to play.
Charlie told Matt tonight, "If you love Jesus, then you ask him into your heart. Then Jesus will give you a car (pointing to a red minivan). " Ummm...no.
No comments:
Post a Comment