Tuesday, March 8, 2016

February Notes and Quotes

Molly:
- at her 2 year appointment, she weighed 25.4 pounds, measured 32.5 inches tall, and her head circumference was 19.5 inches
- says purple, bubble, no, bye bye, and makes a cute new goose honking sound
- her bottom left 2-year molar popped through this week (2-17-16). Three more to go!
- Molly got a black eye a few days after her birthday. She was walking up the back cement steps and just as she was rounding the corner to walk up the deck steps, she missed the last little 2 inch step and fell towards the deck steps, hitting her cheekbone on the bottom deck step. It was huge and blueish right away. It didn't really break the skin but i put a bandage on it anyway. Molly perked up after she got the band aid.
- Whenever Molly has a close call, a near miss, or something like that, she says "Whoa!" in a really cute way. Needless to say, we hear a lot of "whoas" around our house. She usually says it with a half smile and a gleam in her eye. :)

Charlie:
- Charlie's music class ended at the end of January due to teacher-sharing between two elementary schools. In it's place, from what I gather, is the addition of what Charlie refers to as psycho education. Psycho education is really physical education. I almost cried laughing when I heard him say it! Maybe it's because Mrs. Pecorilla is going to GO psycho unless those kinder kids release some energy. 
- would you believe Charlie has another loose tooth?? Good grief! They're dropping like flies! His front top left one is loose now though it will likely be a month or more before it actually falls out. Sheesh. The tooth fairy needs to start a special fund in our house. (Updated on 2-19: and now he has another one! His bottom second from the front on the right side is loose now as well.)
- The other day, Charlie said to me "MYB, Mom." "What does that mean, Charlie?" "It means mind your own business." Where has he heard that before?? I asked him that and he said he made it up. I actually believe him, honestly. He then said that he hears me say FYI, so I asked him what that meant. He replied, "For your own business." Ok. I might be overestimating his phonics skills. :) A week or two after I typed this, I asked Charlie again what FYI means, and this time he said "find your own information." Closer!
- Charlie came home from school last week with a little hole in the left forearm of his shirt. It looked suspicious, so I asked him if he used a scissors at school. When he said yes, I asked him if he cut his shirt with his scissors. He stalled a bit but eventually told me that he did "just a little bit." This brings the grand total of shirts that Charlie has cut with a scissors up to three. Three. Good grief!
- I made some scones and Charlie referred to them as "stones". When Alanna corrected him, he replied, "I can call them whatever I want to call them!"
- Charlie calls his molars crushers. As in, "Mom, I have something stuck between these two crushers."
- Today, 2/23, Charlie and Alanna are working on a menu and money to run a restaurant. It's adorable. Alanna is making money (dollars and pennies)and Charlie is making the menu. At the top it says: RESIPPEAS. Oh my word the level of cuteness in here right now is off the charts.
- "I like the chili with the Tostos (toast-ohs) chips." Tostos is how he pronounced Tostitos due to the funny looking I in the middle.
- "I'm so glad that my body has white blood cells so it can fight off the viruses and bacteria in it so I will feel better."
-"Mom, looks like you need to do some spraying around here because the coffee tables are getting hairy."

Alanna
- she is the first one to jump up and grab an ice pack for whichever sibling needs it at the moment, and we have been needing it a lot lately. Alanna got a huge bruise on her eyebrow from the zip line swing at River Forks park last weekend on Valentine's day. She and Charlie were playing with the swing and Charlie accidentally bumped Alanna with it while he was climbing onto the platform to ride the swing. It was a complete accident but nonetheless it still left a huge blue egg on Alanna's eye instantly after it happened. :(
- the other day Alanna and I were talking about a friend that we know. Out of the blue, Alanna asked me "Is she brown?" I prodded further and asked her what she meant, and she asked again if "she was brown? Or is she white?" I asked her if it mattered to her and she said it didn't but she was just wondering. It was pretty random!
- She copied a bunch of words today and I was affirming her letter writing. She puffed up with pride. She did a really great job writing! When I asked her what the words were, she had absolutely no idea. I pointed to the word "van" and asked her what it was. She replied, "car!" We will work on letter sounds and phonics after she practices writing.
- "When I grow up and I get married, Charlie's going to marry me!! Cuz he's my brother and he's my buddy!" Sweetness level: one gazillion.

Our conversation about moving to Canon City went ok with the kids. I was so anxious about it and had butterflies for a few minutes at the beginning of the conversation. Charlie teared up a few different times, and I could hear tears in his voice while he was talking. He said that he felt like crying and Matt reassured him that it was ok to cry. I couldn't talk because I was, you know, crying. Matt explained that his job is over here and that he will be working in Canon City again so after Charlie's birthday we would be moving back to Canon. We talked about some of our favorite things about Canon City; a few parks, the river walk, and we listed off our friends there. I think Alanna thought we would be moving back into the same house on Morningside. She actually  listed off quite a bit of detail about that house and she was just under three when we moved. A lot has happened since then, and I'm never quite sure how much kids remember, but she really remembers a lot about that house. At one point about 5 minutes into the conversation, we were talking about the new house that Daddy picked out for us, which lead to a discussion on the U-shaped driveway of the new house, which lead to a discussion about bikes and how Charlie would need a bigger bike when he grows bigger, which eventually lead to Alanna saying kind-of under her breath, "You can't really see yourself grow." Apparently, she has tried to do this? We asked the kids several times if they had any questions and how they felt about it. Alanna thinks we're moving back to Canon City and then we'll move back to Oregon again, like live in both states as she said. It's a beautiful idea but likely not going to happen. It's so much for them to process so we'll see how things come out as time goes on. Charlie didn't ask about school for the rest of the year and Matt and I didn't offer up any information about him not being in Mrs. Pecorilla's class anymore. I'm not sure he has realized that yet, which is fine. I don't know what to tell him about the rest of the year yet anyway, so for now, the less questions he asks about school, the better. Matt asked Charlie if he would help him move the piano. Charlie said he could probably manage the piano bench. :) Alanna said, "We're gonna need a U-Haul truck!" This prompted Charlie to list off a bunch of things that we would need to move; the couch, the dishes, a bunch of kitchen stuff, the toys... thankfully he stopped listing things after a half dozen items or so. After a short while, Charlie and Alanna were ready to be done talking about it and asked to play on their tablets. 10 minutes later, Charlie opened up the calendar and put a truck on March 20th, the day after his birthday, to show that that is the day we will be moving. (It won't be that exact day, but sometime that week.) We are now entering the next phase of Operation: Canon City - The Questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment