8-20
Continuing our attempt at seeing summer off in a big way, we took the kids over to Pueblo on Saturday afternoon. One thing Charlie said he wanted to do this summer was see The Secret Life of Pets in the movie theater. Pueblo has a drive-in movie theater that we have never been to so I was waiting and hoping that the movie would be showing at the drive-in, a more casual and accommodating place for the littlest girls. Alas, it never came to the drive-in. A bunch of cousins went to see it in Fergus before we arrived in MN so we missed an opportunity there, too. I was thinking that it would be too late by the time we got back from our trip. Thankfully, the movie was still showing in Pueblo - yay! On Saturday, we all drove over to Pueblo; Matt took Charlie and Alanna to the movie and I took Hattie and Molly to Target and the mall. The kids said the movie was good except for a scary part with a python (I think). Why? Why does there always have to be one part or one thing that is scary for the kids? We picked up the big kids and Matt after the movie and dined at the ultra fancy Sam's Club cafe for supper. Nope, you don't have to be a member to eat at the cafe. We aren't! (FYI: I didn't think it was as good as the Costco cafe. Do your own research. Just my two cents.) After that, we went over to Pueblo City Park where they have a little area with rides for the kids. The rides are all geared toward little kids, perfect for Charlie and Alanna. Each ride costs one ticket, and tickets cost $0.25 per ticket. It's such an inexpensive way for kids to try out rides! There are probably a dozen rides total with a carousel, a train, a bounce house, and more. We started the kids off on this small fire truck and train ride; very tame, only does circles. Charlie was actually too tall to ride this one so he just watched. The girls did great! They seemed to have a good time. Alanna came off the ride ready to tackle another one while Molly came off the ride wanting to hang out in the stroller. I don't think she was scared because she didn't cry or even make a bad face while the ride was going, but I think she was content to watch the others from a distance. Works for me!
Charlie's first ride of the evening - a classic car ride similar in style to the trucks/trains one the girls did.
Charlie and Alanna were pretty excited to do the ferris wheel!
Charlie and Alanna rode the roller coaster while Matt, Molly, Hattie, and I laughed at their huge smiles. It was hilarious to watch!! The kids did the roller coaster two or three times because it was so much fun.
All of the kids and I did the carousel; Hattie was in the Ergo, I was standing next to Molly, and Charlie and Alanna rode their own horses. Why do carousel horses have to look psychotic?!
Matt took this picture!
The last ride for the night was the one Charlie was the most excited for - the TRAIN! It makes a loop around the park and a pond. As you can see, it was almost pitch black out by the time we got over there, but in typical Charlie fashion, he wanted to save the train for the very last ride. Best for last seems to be his motto. We had a really great time on the rides! The rides area is only open Memorial day through Labor day. I'm glad we were able to make it once this summer! I think Molly might enjoy some more rides next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment