Saturday, August 8, 2009
Willis Lake
In the middle of July Julie's sister's came to town to hang out, so in order to give them their girl time and get out of the way I took an overnight fishing trip to Willis Lake. I was trying to pick an area where I'dsee the least number of people. I ended up seeing four that weekend, so I guess I chose well. I backpacked about 6 miles into the lake, but had a hard time finding a place to set up a tent because it was a very steep "V" shaped valley. Here is a picture of the lake below.
There were some really nice trout in the big lake, but I couldn't get any of them to hit. Apparently I'm not skilled enough for that yet, so I settled for a ton of fish this size (10-12 inches)
I caught all of these fish in a couple of smaller ponds that were connected to the bigger lake. It seemed that every cast if I didn't catch one, I had at least a couple hit my spinner. I really had a blast.
This is a picture of one the smaller ponds. Also, I had to get a picture with myself in it since nobody else was there to take one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great getaway. I envy your position so close to the mountains. There is just nothing like getting up in the morning to continue a hike or just rest at camp when you are in the mountains surrounded by God's creation. I hope that everything is going well for you guys. Gretchen and I enjoy following the blog.
ReplyDelete