Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hunting Pictures

Well, I went out on my first mule deer hunt a couple weekends ago and I had a bunch of cool experiences.

1) I spent 4 days and 3 nights in a tent in the Colorado wilds.

2) I did get sick the first night (not a cool experience I suppose), but survived and felt better the next day.

3) I saw a real nice bull elk with a harem of cows.

4) I saw a big black bear.

5) Had a shot at one doe, but missed (had a small opening in some brush at 70 yards . . . had to throw in some kind of an excuse).

6) Could of had a shot at a nice buck in velvet if I had a buck tag.

7) Hearing elk bugle every night from my campsite.

8) I got to hike around the mountains for 3 gorgeous days.

So, although I didn't shoot anything I did have a great time.

Here are a couple pictures of my campsite and a really cool aspen stand I found.


This next picture is from a grouse hunt I went on today. I was able to get two grouse and stumbled upon a herd of elk as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment