Sunday, September 25, 2011

What's New

Well, no baby news. :) That's a good thing! This little sweetie is scheduled to stay in for just over 6 more weeks, and I'm praying that happens! Ok, well, sometimes I feel ready to have the baby here, but that's mostly just whenever my back or feet ache, I grunt when I bend over, or heartburn or restless leg keep me up at night. As much as I want to complain, I'm thankful for a healthy pregnancy with very, very few ailments. I feel blessed to even experience being pregnant at all!!

Charlie's now 18 months old and just started crawling up onto the furniture last week. So far, he's only tumbled off the couch one time, and it happened to be during a voice/piano lesson last Friday. All of a sudden, I looked over, and there he was in a crumpled up pile on the ground. No tears, no nothing. A full 30 seconds later, he got up and was ready to play again. :) Unfortunately, just tonight, Charlie discovered how to climb up onto the kitchen chairs. At some point this week, I'm sure I'll walk around the corner and find him on top of the kitchen table. This action will no doubt be received with a firm, firm reprimand from his mommy.

Charlie's bottom eye teeth are here; well, his bottom left one is for sure. I couldn't feel in there tonight, but I'm fairly certain that the bottom right one is in as well. Unless my finger is coated in something delicious, Charlie prefers me not to stick my fingers in his mouth, and lets me know this by biting down. Hard.

As shown by the last video, Charlie has taken a serious interest in talking this past week. He doesn't say anything, but his expression tells you that he's trying to tell you something. So adorable!

Charlie's bro or sis currently has the hiccups. A fun sensation! We drove up near the hospital today so we'll know where to go when I'm in labor. I'm hoping to get into the hospital and take a tour of the facilities in the next few weeks, too. My next appointment is in about 10 days where they'll do one last ultrasound to check the baby's position and take a peek at my scar. A scar that measures too thin or is translucent means an automatic C-section. I'm praying for a thick scar! I'm also praying that my water stays put for a while longer this time instead of breaking at the grocery store. :) After the 35 week appointment, my appointments will become weekly until the end. It's hard to believe that the end is drawing near! I'm taking a zantac almost every night now and wake up frequently when I forget to take it. I'm already up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom! I've outgrown a few maternity shirts (too short!) and pants (too tight!) and will be finishing this pregnancy in whatever mismatched clothes fit the best and are the most comfy. Who really cares, right?! I haven't noticed any new stretch marks on the outside, but sometimes my skin feels like it's going to rip open. Rolling over in bed is quite the process. My three pillows and 70-inch waistline (I'm guessing) pretty much dominate the bed. Matt's so good about not complaining - and not getting motion sickness when I finally DO roll over! I'm sure there's more to be told about this pregnancy, but my mind is drawing a blank. At least I've remembered to journal a few times about fun pregnancy things that I'll want to remember later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment