Friday, December 2, 2011

Alanna Faye's First Bath!

Finally, after 19 days, Alanna's cord fell off so we could go ahead with the dunk! It fell off in three pieces, starting a few days before. With Charlie, we gave him a full bath the first night home from the hospital, and every night after that. His cord fell off at 13 days! With Alanna, we gave her sponge baths and I even used rubbing alcohol on her cord at about 2 weeks to try and speed up the process and it STILL took almost 3 weeks for that sucker to drop off. I knew a real bath would just feel so nice for her! She liked the bath part but not the drying off part. Brrr!!



All fresh and clean, dry and warm. Well, working on the warm part anyway. Alanna's laying on the quilt that my mom made for her. Have I blogged about it already? It's BEAUTIFUL and I just love it!! My kids (and sister's kids!) are lucky to have a grandma who takes the time to put together individualized quilts for each of them. They're all gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment