At 25 months, here's a list of Charlie's words:
daddy
car
dog
amen (a-BEE)
go
milk (bilK - with a serious k sound at the end!)
whale
fish
fire
tractor
baby
circle
all gone (all go-go, while doing the sign)
cracker
cookie (sounds like coo-coo)
good girl (what he calls Alanna:)
bye-bye (buh-buh)
peacock
uh-oh (oh-oh)
boat
Charlie knows circle, square, rectangle, oval, octagon, diamond, pentagon, star, and crescent (I call it moon!). Charlie can also jump and get both feet off the ground! I guess he learned that a while (month?) ago but we only found out about it one evening when Matt taught Charlie how to take all the throw pillows off the couch, make a big pile, and jump over and on them. (Thanks, Matt.) Charlie knows all of his facial body parts along with arms, legs, toes, belly button and back. He sits on the potty every night before his bath, but hasn't produced anything yet. We're not attempting to teach him, but he showed interest in sitting on the potty, so we're happy to oblige. I'm hoping he's potty-trained by the end of this calendar year, which I think is a pretty realistic goal. I'm still patiently waiting for that last 2-year molar which should be arriving soon. A few weekends ago, we had a bonfire, and Charlie was scared of it! Last weekend we had another one and he warmed up quicker than the last time. Maybe the roasted marshmallow had something to do with it... :) Now that camping season is almost here, I'm sure Charlie will be loving the bonfires in no time at all!
I'm sure there are other new things, but they've left my mind at the moment. I'll add more as I think of them!
So fun that Charlie calls cookies 'coo-coos' too!!
ReplyDelete