Early Birthday Party with Grandma
October 16, 2012
Since Mom was here, I thought it would be fun to have an early birthday celebration so she could see Alanna open gifts and eat a cupcake. Mom also brought gifts from Auntie Jill and Auntie Kath (and their families), so Alanna opened all the gifts from the Legge side. I remember thinking that there was no possible way that it was already time for birthday celebrations for this baby girl. Time goes SO fast!
 |
| Gifts! Also, Alanna's wearing B's cupcake outfit! |
 |
| Lots of great gifts; hairbows, shirts and pants, hairbows, a new doll, a bath ball, hairbows, jammies, shoes, etc. |
 |
| Ready for birthday cake! Or, rather, birthday cupcake. |
 |
| Texas-sized cupcake - seriously close to the size of Texas. That thing was huge! I made the same sized cupcakes for Charlie's first birthday, so I wanted to do them for Alanna's birthday as well. I did three shades of pink (light, medium, and dark) with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. It looks a bit like she's praying over her cupcake before eating it. Haha! |
 |
| Many, many gifts... |
 |
| Baby doll gets a baby doll! |
 |
| Hair ties are quickly becoming a necessity! |
 |
| New shoes. |
 |
| The layers in her cupcake weren't as clear as they were with Charlie's green and blue one. I think contrasting colors are the way to go. Let it be known that the color did NOT slow her down at all! |
 |
| I'm fairly certain that Matt and I had a few bites at this point. I know she didn't eat it all - or even half of it. |
 |
| 10-17-12 This is the day that Grandma flew back home and apparently Alanna wanted to go home with her. :) |
 |
| 10-24-12 During one of our weekly photo sessions, Matt snapped this picture. I put it on the blog for two reasons; first, Alanna does cry. She is a super good baby and very content most of the time, but she does have her moments. :) Second, see the mole on the side of my nose? I actually had it removed at the end of November! I HATED and LOATHED that thing and am so glad it's gone. My nose is big enough. It does not need decorations. Good riddance!! |
 |
| Alanna's trademark: upside down pacifier. She could care less that it's upside down as long as it's in! |
 |
| 10-25-12 Rolly pancakes! I was about to type that this was Alanna's first rolly pancake experience, but I'll have to go back and check. Either way, she likes them. Isn't her hairbow cute, too? |
 |
| 10-25-12 Carving pumpkins. I scooped for a few minutes, but this was mostly a Charlie and Daddy activity. |
 |
| 10-29-12 Nice smiles, nice kids! |
Halloween 2012
 |
| Opening a few gifts from Grandma and Grandpa L. |
 |
| Opening a gift from Grandma and Grandpa R. |
 |
| Cupcake and a fire fighter. Both costumes 75% off. :) |
 |
| The jacket and hat are fleece. Charlie was so excited to be a fire fighter! |
 |
Alanna was actually feverish and not feeling 100% on Halloween, hence the pacifier. She was a cute cupcake and did great trick-or-treating. We lasted for an hour(ish) and ran into a few friends while we were out. Of course, we stopped at the three neighbor's houses where the kids got candy-filled treat bags from Doris, Emily and Kathy, three stooges widows that are our neighbors. Very nice ladies. Very great-gandmotherly. |
No comments:
Post a Comment