4-29
Matt took Alanna to the annual Daddy Daughter Dance put on by Young Life. Alanna talked about the dance for weeks (WEEKS!) before and was beyond thrilled to be going again this year!!! I curled her hair and she wore her Easter dress (or she wore her dance dress for Easter) and fancy white sandals. You would never had guessed that it snowed 3-4 inches of wet spring snow that day!
How was the dance? I don't know because I wasn't there! I helped with setup on Friday night for quite a while so I got to see the decorations though. It was a Dr. Seuss theme and the girl who put together the decorations did a good job. There were over 1100 people there - and since I did a lot of the ticketing (admin duties), I can say that there were 1113 dads and daughters present and accounted for at the dance that evening, NOT including dance workers. It was a full house!
Matt and Alanna left our house about 6:20 and stayed at the dance until 8:15 or after. Matt took Alanna out for a piece of pie at Village Inn after the dance. Last year they went out for ice cream at Cold Stone, but due to the snow on the ground, they opted for something a bit warmer. Alanna picked a piece of coconut cream pie and brought home her leftovers. I guess they got home around 9ish. I was planning to give Alanna a bath and put her to bed so I could hear all about the dance but she was all about Daddy that night and insisted that he do the bedtime routine. It was a very special evening for the two of them! Alanna was beyond excited about the whole thing.
Hattie wanted to be in the picture, too.
When Alanna and Matt left for the dance, Hattie stood at the window and started doing cute dance moves while Molly stood at the window and cried. In our house, you have to be at least 4 to go to the dance. Next year, Matt will have two little girls as his dates for the evening!!
After we got our sillies out, we had our own special evening - we watched Finding Dory and went to bed! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment