Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Home Makeover

4-1
Now that spring break is over (so sad!), it was time to tackle Hattie's room and check some more house projects off the list. I have wanted to paint Hattie's room for a while and knew I wanted to do pink on the top half, gray on the bottom half with a white chair rail. I picked out a sweet light pink and used the same gray color that is now throughout our main living area. I started painting after lunch on Saturday and thanks to Matt's help with the kids, I was finished painting the whole room by 9:30 that night. It was so fun to paint! It's amazing how much different a few coats of paint can make a room feel. Plus, considering the last painting project had me painting for three weeks, this room came together in a snap. 
Since all of the painting was done on Saturday, that left Sunday to do the chair rail and put up a few things on the wall. Auntie Katie sent some cute prints for Hattie's birthday last fall and I bought some adorable frames to put them in. They have just been sitting in the closet until I got her room done! I picked out chair rail at Home Depot after church, Matt went to buy it, I painted it that afternoon, and Matt installed it while the kids and I watched AFV on Sunday evening. Matt also replaced the heaters in Hattie's room on Sunday so they are now a fresh white color that blends in a bit better. OH! Matt changed out the outlets and switches, too. :) 
Hattie's room before. A blank canvas, just like the rest of the house. I have never been so thankful for plain white walls!! So easy to change but not totally necessary until we were ready! I should have turned the light on because the room looks a bit dark.

 After some quick weekend work, here's the finished room!
 The kitchen that Molly got for her birthday has set up residency in Hattie's room. It actually fits and works really well in her room. Alanna's little kids table that she got for HER birthday has also been set up in Hattie's room for a few months now. It's a great little spot to play restaurant and tea party!

I realized that I never posted 'after' pictures of our living room! I love, love, love how it turned out! I found the rug at Home Depot when I went there for a paint sample for Hattie's room. I went in for a $3 item and came out $200 later.... it's like Target. I was so excited about the rug though! It's creamy with silvery gray leaves - and the best part is that it was on clearance for half off!!


 I have to give credit to Matt for finding this project and making the whole entire thing. It's three chalk arrows on pallet wood. It's super cute! It is hanging just to the left of the front door, just out of the above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment