Friday, March 20, 2009

My Many Names

Ok, so is Rustand really that hard to learn and say? I've been at Elk Creek for 6 weeks now and some of my students still don't know my name. And it's not just this school! It happens everywhere I go. I really don't think that Rustand is that difficult of a last name - especially since I've been saying and writing 'Julie Rustand' practically since Matt and I started dating 12 years ago! I tell the kids to split it up into two words: rust and. Simple, right? Well, let me give you a run-down of a few names I've been called in my 4 years as a teacher.

1. Mrs. ruh-STAND
2. Mrs. Runstand
3. Mrs. Rustad
4. Rusty
5. Mrs. Roostand
6. MISTER Rustand - hello?! seriously?!
7. Mrs. ... Music Teacher?

And my all-time new favorite....

MRS. WRIST-BAND

Wrist band? Like I'm some kind of workout gear? I about fell out of my chair when I was called that this week by a kindergartner! It was pretty sweet, so I just corrected him and he carried on with his question. I'm hoping that someday in the not-so-distant future, my students will know my name and not refer to me as any of the above! Afterall, I know their names! 

No comments:

Post a Comment