Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wildlife Biologist

"Wildlife Biologist", has a good ring to it doesn't it. A bit of an update on my new job. I've been working two weeks now and I love it. I've constructed a proposal to begin live capturing badgers and marking them to collect location data. The overall purpose is to calculate space-use overlap between badgers and ferrets to determine if resource partitioning is occurring, and because it will be really cool to catch badgers. I've also hired my seasonal technician and I've been busy getting together a summer project list. I haven't been able to get in the field too much yet, except one time to help the Colorado Division of Wildlife radio-collar mule deer, but that will change soon. There will be spotlighting for ferrets and badgers, mapping prairie dog colonies, doing bird block surveys, sage grouse lek counts, and the list goes on. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have some cool pictures of badgers to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment