Last Sunday (3/1), we went snowshoeing on the Maroon Creek road, just outside of Aspen. It's not plowed in the winter, but they groom it so it's a wonderful walk in the snow. It was actually groomed too much and our snowshoes weren't even necessary! It was so beautiful outside - upper 50's, blue sky, and tons of sunshine. Well, about 10 minutes down the road, we knew that we were going to feel the effects of high elevation and bright sunshine by the end of the day - and we didn't have any sunscreen to prevent it from happening. The results? A brand new Colorado suntan! (De-coded: bright red faces, necks, and Matt's arms from his short-sleeved t-shirt!) We were wearing boots, snowpants, and either a short-sleeved or long-sleeved shirt, no hats, gloves, or jackets necessary. In fact, I was sweating pretty bad! It was such a beautiful day! I'd love to post pictures but we forgot to bring the camera. We tried out a new church that morning and brought our Bibles, a picnic lunch, plus all the winter stuff we thought we would need for the day, but no camera. We stopped at a grocery store to buy a disposable camera, but those pictures can't be put on the blog until they're developed and put on a picture cd. How old school. Anyway, look for those in about 2 months - when the camera is used up and developed! :)
Speaking of old school, I played a gospel song for my 3rd graders this week and asked them what kind of music it was. One kid's response was priceless. He said, "Old school?" I surpressed my giggles and said, "Not quite. Anyone else?"
This week, Matt started his new job - and LOVES it. He has been talking about it all week! He has been saying, "I just love my job!" It's so exciting to see him so excited about his work. And he's so good at it! The drive has been going well (a quick 40 minutes), and he has already interviewed for his summer tech position. I asked him if I could apply, but he said no. I'll have to let Matt share more about it in a future post.
As I'm typing, I'm trying to upload pictures without success. They will have to come later. Bummer.
I've officially made a best friend at my school. She's in first grade and ever since I helped her do the monkey bars at recess one day, she's at my side constantly. She even sneaks her little hand into mine when we're walking down the hall. Actually, that's not uncommon at my school. Kids show their affection often and I've held hands with at least 10% of the school in my first three weeks! Oh, and the little kid hugs where they squeeze your thighs? How sweet is that?
Anyway, more to come with the pictures. Hopefully soon! Matt and I raced up a trail last night to catch some pictures of the sunset. We were a bit late because we had to vaccuum the deer hair off Matt's jacket. That's a new experience for me! Matt was practically wrestling deer on Wednesday while helping put radio collars on some deer. Matt was explaining the process or catching and transporting them to me and it sounded pretty sweet. Picture this: 2 deer, bound and gagged :), hanging from a helicopter all while completely awake. Now that's a ride! Anyway, the result was a ton of fun and a great experience for Matt, but deer hair everywhere.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment