When announcing a new move and everything that goes with it, clearly we've thought through and prayed about the situation numerous times and feel we've reached the best decision. Life decisions are not decided on a whim - at least ours aren't. The problem is that some people think that they can weigh in on our lives and 'vote', like this is an episode of American Idol or something. Um, no. You're wrong.
What we need is support. We need encouragement. We need prayers. We need help. We do not need judgement. We do not need criticism. We do not need people to argue with us that staying put would be best. No thanks. We will not be defending our decisions to you or anyone else. We try to do what God wants us to do, and answer only to Him.
Can I take this even one step further and request that those people don't even say anything to us at all? It's such a downer when people say seemingly innocent comments that turn out to be hurtful and unnecessary. We aren't looking for a verbal response when sharing news. We're doing just that - sharing news. If you feel the need to say something, how about "Congratulations, Matt! Sounds like an awesome opportunity for your family." See how easy that was?!
Ok, so the last part was a little sassy. But I feel like that's where I'm headed with this most recent announcement. Down Sassy Lane. Keep it up, people, and we won't inform you on anything that's going on in our lives. And remember? We're having a baby?
Oh, do you want to weigh in on that decision, too?
Rant over.
No matter where you guys are in CO, you're on the way to ND and I'm going to stop by one of these days the next time I'm driving through! My Matt still wants your Matt to take him out and do guy things. I'll look for Julie and Matt Rustand on Sassy Lane ; ) Guess what...I live on Sassy Lane, too! What a coincidence!! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteMy cross-sreets are Sassy and Sarcastic Lane.
ReplyDeleteI like the baby count down thingy on your home blog page!! Can't wait to see pictures! I will share new/pics with my mom/your grandma!
ReplyDeleteBABY DAY IS DRAWING NEAR!!!!!
ReplyDelete