Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colorado State Fair

I've officially been to a state fair! I'm not sure if the DuQuoin (IL) State Fair really counts, since I think it's the "state" fair for the southern half of IL. Anyway, now there's no disputing - I've been to a state fair! It was a hot, sunny day to be outside, and even though it's not recommended, I went ahead and slathered Charlie with SPF 55. Yes, he was only 5 1/2 months, but I figured that the sunscreen would be way less harmful than a sunburn. It was a fun day! Of course, we ate food on a stick - chicken on a stick with vegetable fried rice. Matt and I split a plate so we could save some room for a treat later. Our treat? FUNNELCAKE. We downed it pretty quickly! I think we were subconsciously trying to eat fast so that we could get more than the other person. (Or was that just me?!?)

Just as we were getting to the fairgrounds, which are in Pueblo, Matt said to Charlie, "Do you want to see the moo-moo's and baa-baa's?" I nearly fell out of the car laughing!!! Still brings a chuckle to my lips. Matt busts out some pretty funny stuff. LOVE that guy.
Is this not the cutest little colt you've ever seen?? (I'm talking about the actual horse. "Little colt" is not a nickname for Charlie. Though he's the cutest little boy I've ever seen!)
Proof - our chicken on a stick!
It's pretty hilarious when Charlie kicks his feet up on the little tray of his stroller. What a little prince.
Yep, we walked through the 4-H barns. Some of those swines were running loose, which made me a bit nervous. Holy pig, batman. Those things are huge. My least favorite barn was the birds (ducks, chickens, pigeons, etc). Something about it grossed me out. Especially the pigeons. I really don't know anything about state fair animals and how that all works, but it was still fun to check them out. (Did I hear you ask if our stroller got poop on it? Well, yes. It did. Thank you for asking.)
My boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment