Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Salida Hot Springs

On the 14th of January, we headed over to Salida to splash and play in the hot springs pool. I know I blogged about it before, so I'll save you the details. Alanna and I were just going to hang out by the pool and watch Charlie and Matt swim, but as it turns out, there wasn't any seating next to that end of the pool. Instead, Matt took Charlie swimming, and Alanna and I walked through a few shops downtown. I found a few items and the boys had a blast, so it worked out well in the end.

Charlie's version of jumping into the water: standing close to tne edge of the pool, doing his "jump" (which looks like a deep squat followed by quickly standing up and lifting up one leg, never actually leaving the ground), and then stepping off the edge and into the water. So cute!

After over an hour and a half of swimming, we went out for lunch at a local restaurant and headed home. It was a nice day out and Salida provides some great views of the Collegiate Peaks. Sad that we hadn't been to the hot springs pool for almost a whole year, especially when it's not that far away (70 minutes) and the facility is so nice. We'll have to try to get there a bit more often in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment