Sunday, September 2, 2012

More MN

Day 2
Oh, such a tired baby girl!

Our night in York was the first time I had slept in the same bed with Charlie. I woke up several times with little feet in my ribs, Charlie's hand on my shoulder, his head on my arm, etc. He was even playing with my hair in the night. Crazy little guy! I didn't sleep well at all, but I'm glad the kids got some good rest for day 2 of driving!

Lunchtime!

Playground at a park in South Sioux City, NE. What you can't see is the huge puddle of water that Charlie just slid into. He required a complete change of clothes before getting back in the car. Oh well!

Celebrating our 1,000th mile in Sisseton, SD with a M&M brownie blizzard. We all needed a break at this point, and driving a thousand miles with the kids is definitely a reason to celebrate in my book!!!

Sweet smiles from our sweet guy. I'm glad he was still smiling at this point in the trip.

SURPRISE! We're here!
Day 3
After driving for two days, of couse the obvious thing to do on the third day would be to get back in the car and go for a drive. :S Since Matt's parents were out of town, I decided that it would be ok to tag along with my parents to VC as long as my parents rode with us in our van. The kids did really, really well (all things considered) and it was fun to see my grandparents. We had lunch at Pizza Corner with the whole gang, took a quick tour of my cousin Travis's new house, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at my grandparent's house. After supper, we headed home, stopping in West Fargo to surprise the Swenson family. It was really fun to see people's faces!
Playing in the indoor playground at Pizza Corner in Valley City. This is Charlie's FIRST EVER restaurant playground experience. I couldn't say no because his cousins were in there AND they had the whole thing to themselves. Plus, we just spent more time in the car...

At Pizza Corner

Charlie was LOVING all of Drew's boy toys; tractors, helicopters, airplanes, garbage trucks, monster trucks... you name it, he has it! Charlie hardly talked to anyone, he was so focused on playing!

In about 7 minutes flat, the Swenson house went from clean to total toy explosion. We helped pick up and I bathed the kids at Jill and Brady's before we hit the road one last time for the day at 10pm. The kids fell asleep almost right away, which was nice for them. I transferred them to their beds at Grandma and Grandpa's where they slept soooo good for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment