When I was cleaning out Matt's portion of the attic (at Mark and Jean's house), I brought home several boxes and things from Matt's childhood and school years. The trumpet is one of many things that I brought back. It has gotten a surprising amount of use! You know, since it's been up in the attic for the last 10+ years and all... :) Charlie calls it the "treh-pet" (no 'm'), and asks Daddy to get it out often. Matt taught Charlie to buzz his lips into it so he can make a sound. Hilarious. Then Matt takes a turn and either plays a Christmas song or something from the glory days of high school pep band. It's actually been quite entertaining!
 |
| This is a great size comparison! |
 |
| Daddy's turn! |
 |
| Don't forget about baby sister... it's Alanna's turn! |
Charlie pulled out one of the old programs from the trumpet case and saw a saxophone on top. Without asking him or telling him what it was, he said, "sacanon!" I about fell over when I heard him identify the instrument correctly, but then I remembered that Charlie has a Baby Einstein Musical Instruments dvd. :) I guess that's how he knew cymbals (from the big family reunion we went to in FF - Julianna took him up to see Chad's drums and he busted out cymbals), too! Just when you think kids aren't really listening, they bust out something you don't think they know.
No comments:
Post a Comment