8:15ish: Put underwear on Charlie. Bright blue briefs.
8:45: March him to the bathroom to sit on the potty chair. He produces nothing but smiles.
9:04: Charlie pees his pants in the living room. Clean Charlie, clean floor, put new underwear on. Grass green ones.
9:45: March him to the bathroom to sit on the potty chair. He wiggles and giggles, but still produces nothing.
10:15: Charlie pees his pants again. Clean him and the floor. Again. Put new underwear on. Next up? Red!
10:45: I'm smelling something suspicious while talking on the phone to my mom. I check the child that I hope pooped: Alanna. No luck. I pull back Charlie's red briefs and hope that I'm greeted with leftover fart air but instead see some very distinct brown marbles. Clean up is easier than I thought. A few wipes, some time on the potty chair (again producing nothing), and we're ready for another new pair of underwear. Navy.
11:30: March Charlie to the bathroom to sit on the potty chair. He can hardly keep his little cheeks on the seat. After 10 solid minutes of encouraging him to pee, we give up. I pull up his drawers.
12:20: After a delicious lunch of pancakes and yogurt and right as I'm about to get Charlie down to wipe him up and make a potty stop, I hear a sweet little, "Uh-oh." Down to the bathroom we go, me with my stern face and Charlie with his syrupy hands and wet pants. Clean hands take 30 seconds. The rest takes a bit longer. The laundry piles up as high as my frustrations. On goes a diaper.
Update:
After Charlie woke up from his nap, he sat on the froggy potty and went pee! Yay! Our first success! After that, he went on the hour every hour until bedtime (6-7 times) including one time toward the end of the day where he went unprompted (he told us that he had to pee!). Good work, Charlie! Our day went from failure after failure to success after success.
Today, 11-7, I put underwear on him right away this morning and he went potty several times today with only 1 1/2 accidents this morning. His 1/2 accident was when he started going but then stopped and finished on the potty - that's 1/2 accident, 1/2 success in my book! After lunch he even did a #2 job on the froggy potty. I was so excited for him! I left his underwear on for his nap today and he woke up wet. :( He got changed and stayed dry the rest of the day. I'm pretty proud of him; it feels like he's picking it up quickly. Obviously he's thrilled to be getting candy (Skittles), too. Added bonus. Keep up the great work, Charlie!
No comments:
Post a Comment