Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Week 1 of the frog potty

A week into potty training and Charlie is doing so well! I'm so tickled with how much success he's having and how proud he is of himself when he goes in the potty! Yay, Charlie! He (of course) has had a handful of accidents (including one while he was playing outside but stopped and then finished in the potty, and another accident while he was sitting in time-out, to name a few) but for the most part, he tells us when he has to go instead of us asking him. Plus, he goes #1 AND #2 in the potty!

Last Thursday (day 3 of potty training) we headed to COS for the day to get Alanna's 1-year pictures taken. I was super nervous about spending the day out and about, not really knowing what to expect. Lots of accidents? Pee in the car seat? Not being able to go on the automatic flushing toilets in almost every public restroom? Well, turns out my worrying was for nothing. We spent the whole day (10-4:45) in Colorado Springs and Charlie stayed dry the entire day. I brought the frog potty and he peed in the back of the van (reason #495 why I love the van!) every 1.5-2 hours. I shut the liftgate so he could have some privacy and away he went! Charlie even fell asleep on the way home for 30 minutes but stayed dry while he was sleeping and for the remainder of the car ride. I was so impressed! It was a great day moving forward with potty training even though we were out of the house for a majority of the day.

On Sunday morning, Charlie and Matt went to church (I was home sick with a sinus infection - and Alanna:) and Charlie peed on the big adult toilet all by himself. Matt set him up there, shut the door, and came back to yellow water. SCORE!

Charlie wore underwear to bed on Saturday night for the first time. I didn't hear anything but when I got up to go to the bathroom around 3:45ish, I checked on Charlie only to find that he wet the bed. Either he was sleeping hard and didn't realize that he peed or he just didn't care. I got him changed, pulled his sheets off, fixed up the bed, put undies back on him and tucked him in again. He stayed dry the rest of the night. On Sunday night, he stayed completely dry the entire night! No accidents on his second night of no diaper! Last night, Charlie came into our room at 2am and I immediately told him to go to the potty (as I was scampering to get out of bed and follow him there), but he didn't make it in time. He had an accident right next to our bed. Bummer! I'm glad that he realized that he had to go potty though! A quick change of clothes and we were back in business. We'll keep pressing forward and see how things go in the next month or so. Until then, I might be doing a bunch of laundry, but he has to learn at some point so why not now? I'm so excited and proud of his accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment