11-29
After supper on the same day that we cut the tree down, we pulled out the boxes and decorated the tree. Though you can't see it very well in the first picture, I took out three sets of gel window clings for the kids to put up; ornaments, Christmas trees, holly and berries, and a Santa face. They're super kid-friendly since they feel like glorified Jello jigglers! They had a blast.
While Matt tested lights (we went with white this year) and strung them on the tree, I went through the ornaments and pulled out the ones I wanted on the tree. Matt laid out some hooks and the kids went to town. Naturally, two of the lowest branches got loaded down with several ornaments a piece. :) Alanna was struggling with the hooks a little bit, but she tried her best. Matt and I got to hang up a few, too, all while running interference with the kids. All in all, the project took about 90 minutes. I put colored lights up in the living room picture window, and Matt put colored lights on Charlie's Christmas tree outside. He built a little X-shaped Charlie Brown style Christmas tree stand on the bottom of it and wrapped it in lights. No worries - it didn't tip over like Charlie Brown's tree. It looks super cute out there; our neighbor ladies have already commented on it!
At least three ornaments on the same branch... all within 6'' of each other...
I should have turned a bit more to get a belly shot with the tree. Then again, the tree might have disappeared behind my XXL waist. :S Isn't the tree really nice? It looks skinny in this picture (probably because I'm standing next to it!) but it's not in real life. We also have the tree skirt on and several presents under it to make it complete.
Looking at these pictures, do you know what my first thought was? "Oh, yeah, they do have green turf in their living room." :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Christmas card!