Saturday, December 7, 2013

Melty Beads!

12-3
Day #3 of our countdown to Christmas was one of my all-time favorite VBS crafts when I was a kid... melty beads!! I loved that craft and can still picture a field of ironing boards on melty bead craft day at United Methodist church's summer VBS. :)
Charlie did awesome and followed my instructions really well. He made a penguin holding a candy cane (or candy CAN as Charlie and Alanna call them) with a scarf around it's neck. Alanna had some serious help from Daddy (ok, he did all of it), but she picked out a few colors to help contribute to her project. She made a Christmas tree with ornaments. Several seconds under the iron, and poof! I'm not sure why I love this craft so much, but it's just fun. We have extra beads and two more wintery projects that we'll pull out to brighten up a dull winter day.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I was talking with my afterschool kids and asked them if their moms ever iron. All said no, except one said "yes, when we do those bead crafts" LOL So the iron DOES still serve a purpose...

    ReplyDelete