I helped Charlie blow his nose tonight after the kids' bath and you'll never guess what came out of it. Never. After three blows, I pulled the tissue away only to see the bottom of a huge booger. Charlie immediately stuck his finger up that nostril, pushing whatever booger I saw back up there. I got another tissue and insisted that he blow again, knowing that it was lurking up there. After one big blow, I looked in the tissue (Oh, come on. You know you do it, too.) and what did I see? Any guesses? Drumroll, please....
TAPE. As in Scotch tape. Like a hunk of waded up plastic tape. Obviously it was covered in boogers, but I did as any sane mother would do and picked and pulled at it until I could identify the object. I asked Charlie if his nose felt better and he said that it did. Go figure!!! I then asked him if he put it in there when we were at either Grandma's houses or when we were at home, and he said home. The width of the tape was the same as a roll of tape that I've had in the drawer for a super long time; in fact, I found it in the attic at the Cavour house when I was cleaning out Matt's section two summers ago. I just finished the roll of tape (which was still sticky in case you were wondering) when I was wrapping presents before our family Christmas. I remember giving each child a small piece of tape, but I was almost positive that they used them to decorate the present I was wrapping. Apparently not. Needless to say, Charlie has been walking around with a wad of tape up his nose for probably two weeks or more. We were very insistent that nothing should be put inside the nose at any point in time, so hopefully he gets the memo. At the very least, I'm hoping that he remembers how crazy uncomfortable that must have been and doesn't try that trick again. I just keep running through different scenarios that all end with some kind of medical intervention - all of them possible by sticking tape up the nose. I'm thankful it's out safely!
Tape. I mean, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment