Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas Aftermath

12-26
We spent the day after Christmas doing what everyone else was doing - playing with new toys! Matt gave Charlie a quick lesson on how to fly his new remote mole control helicopter from Country Grandma and Grandpa. He was smart to spend a bit of time on Christmas night figuring it out. We were all pretty entertained by the helicopter, even if we were all nervous about being hit!

Playing meowsic (from us) next to her Little People ice cream shop (from Edwards') with her new purse (Polejewskis/Goulds), packed with her new puppy (Country Grandma and Grandpa) and baby (Swensons), over her shoulder. Nailed it!


Over 20 years ago, Jill, Kathy and I would save up the found money and put it in a tootsie roll bank under the kitchen sink. As I recall, we spent it on pizza a time or two, but we also spent it on renting a Nintendo from Skogen's for the weekend. Because we didn't own a video game system and didn't play very much, our skills were not that great. As I recall, there was a lot of quick turns because Mario died early and often. One of the things I remember doing was physically moving the controller as if that would help Mario jump up or move faster. It never worked and I'm sure I looked ridiculous. That same motion, the one where I move the controller as if it helps, is the same one we saw over and over while Charlie was flying his helicopter.

Alanna had the funniest look on her face while she was playing with her Nerf gun from Country Grandma and Grandpa! She looked so fierce while she was pointing and shooting!


Big sisters took a minute to stop and play with Hattie for a minute.

Little People! And Hattie's q-tips. Obviously.

Phrases heard throughout the day: "Mom, can I..." "Dad, will you please..." "Dad, can you help me..." "Mom, will you open..." "I want to try..." You get it. Alanna tried out a Color Wonder painting set and it worked great.

Next up, Legos! Charlie was working on a set from Auntie Kathy and Uncle Jason while Alanna was working on a hot air balloon set from us.


Hattie spent the day more like her normal self and caught up on some much-needed rest. I would have loved to crawl in the swing with her and rest as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment