January is such a great month to declutter and clean out the house, isn't it? I actually started a big household purge right after Thanksgiving and got a good jump on this year! I have been throwing out and donating things left and right. I also set aside things that my mom might be able to sell, most of which is kid stuff. Mom does an amazing job selling things for Jill, Kathy, and me. She's awesome! On top of all that, I've been using up things and not restocking my stash; beauty product samples, food in the pantry/freezer, etc. It feels extra clean and organized around the house lately!
Molly and Hattie helped me clean out and reorganized the pantry one day. We pulled almost everything out of the pantry, wiped down the shelves, I put in a new piece of carpet over the old and super dated stuff, and then we put all of the food back in the pantry. I reused a little cart from the bathroom as our new snack station and pulled all of the overstock food from the mudroom into the pantry so everything is in one spot. It made a huge difference!
After:
One thing that I wanted to tackle during the shutdown was updating our main bathroom a little bit. I didn't want to spend very much money at all but still wanted to give it a little facelift. Here's some before pictures:
After:
We took down the old cumbersome towel rack and put up a row of hooks (that we already had - yes!) for towels. The medicine cabinet came down and Matt put up a new and much bigger mirror. He also replaced the light fixture. Due to the wiring, we opted to install an updated light bar (instead of the super cute farmhouse-style fixture I picked out). Our intention was for the bathroom facelift to be a minimally invasive procedure that didn't cost a lot, and I think we did just that! The super cute organizer on the wall is from Hobby Lobby and it works beautifully. We put up a new towel bar and moved the hairbows to behind the door. It feels more open in the bathroom without the medicine cabinet and towel rack sticking out so far. I painted the bead board a fresh coat of antique white and the walls gray, both of which were leftover from other projects in the house. Matt installed a new white heater and then we were done! Probably the hardest part was turning the ladder to paint in such a small space. :) I'm really happy with the results!
We took down the old cumbersome towel rack and put up a row of hooks (that we already had - yes!) for towels. The medicine cabinet came down and Matt put up a new and much bigger mirror. He also replaced the light fixture. Due to the wiring, we opted to install an updated light bar (instead of the super cute farmhouse-style fixture I picked out). Our intention was for the bathroom facelift to be a minimally invasive procedure that didn't cost a lot, and I think we did just that! The super cute organizer on the wall is from Hobby Lobby and it works beautifully. We put up a new towel bar and moved the hairbows to behind the door. It feels more open in the bathroom without the medicine cabinet and towel rack sticking out so far. I painted the bead board a fresh coat of antique white and the walls gray, both of which were leftover from other projects in the house. Matt installed a new white heater and then we were done! Probably the hardest part was turning the ladder to paint in such a small space. :) I'm really happy with the results!
No comments:
Post a Comment