Friday, November 20, 2020

End of October

10/23
The library put on a little pumpkin event for kids with story time, picking out a pumpkin, a station to paint said pumpkins (hard pass!), cider, goodie bags, and a free book. We braved the 30-degree temps, some threw on a costume, and headed down to Macon plaza. See the little garden gnome in the group shot of story time? That's Hattie's friend Teigan! Haha! We brought home little pumpkins, new books, and a bag with a few pieces of candy in it. Win! 
After the pumpkin event, we went to Jared and Michelle's for a birthday party for Kinsley who turned 4 on the 23rd. Earlier that morning, Matt packed up and headed out to northwest Colorado to elk hunt. He pulled the camper and packed up to be gone for the whole week, or as long as it took him to shoot an elk before the season ended 9 days later. 



On Sunday, I harvested my sweet potatoes!! I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did. I hoped and hoped all summer long that they were growing, but since they grow underground, I couldn't tell at all how they were actually doing. I had a grand ol' time digging them up!! I got a lot for my first year growing them! Some of them were quite sizeable, as big or bigger than the ones I buy in the grocery store. Some of them are little, but that's ok. I was happy that I got something at all! 


Holding Michelle's youngest daughter Avery... and she fell right asleep in my arms. She is squishy and darling!

A welcome sight in the fall!

The kids worked on their own posters for Fictional Character day at school on the 29th. Hattie was there for moral support!

So apparently elk hunting isn't hard... hahaha! Matt shot one on opening day and was headed home the next morning. We spent the next few days processing right around 100 pounds (maybe a little more) of wrapped meat for the freezer. Sweet!!!



Fictional Character day! Charlie is Charlie Brown, Alanna is Nancy Drew, Hattie is the butterfly from the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Molly is Curious George. 

Pumpkin carving time with Daddy!



On Halloween, Larissa and I went to this food distribution in Canon together. It was $40 for well over $300 worth of food. We got there super early to get in line which left us with a few hours of time together to talk and walk and talk some more. AND we got to come home with several boxes of food! It was a wonderful morning with a dear friend. 

Ready to trick or treat! Molly and Charlie stuck with their fictional character costumes while Hattie chose to don a super hero cape (leftover from her sister so it has a big 'A' on the back - ha!) and Alanna decided to be a baker. Easy peasy! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment