Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Privacy, Take 3

If you're a reader of my sisters' blogs, you'll know that they have recently gone private with their blogs. The peer pressure was just too much (just kidding!) and we are headed in the same direction with our blog!

Now that our baby's arrival is coming closer, I want to put it out there that sometime BEFORE baby comes, we will be going private with our blog. In other words, you will be invited to view our blog (via an email) and each time you wish to view our blog, you'll need to sign in with a user name and password. But don't let that stop you from checking in with us! It sounds like a bigger process than it actually is.

We have gone back and forth on the issue of internet privacy, and we (ok, mostly me) have decided that it's best to go private with our blog before our baby comes. I do not want pictures posted of our baby unless we, our baby's parents, are the ones posting the pictures. We started a blog years ago to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away, and we will continue to use our blog for that very reason - pictures and all. However, since we DO have a blog, and try to keep it updated, we are also requesting (kindly, but firmly) no pictures be posted on facebook of our little one.

Matt's fear is that people will stop checking our blog, thus rendering it pointless for us to maintain. I would love for you to help prove him wrong (not in a bad way) and not let the user name and password prevent you from checking in with us. Honestly, I can see his point. However, if you readers out there are too... well, chicken, to request an invite, there's nothing I can do about that. We really do want you to stay connected to us while protecting our little sweet pea at the same time!

I'll post again later asking for you to email me if you'd like to be on the invite list, so don't worry that I'm going to cut you out tonight. I simply wanted to put it out there that we will eventually be going private with our blog - and you won't want to miss out on that right before our baby comes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for proving any Matt wrong - your Matt or mine - haha =)

    ReplyDelete