Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Update

Unfortunately, this won't be as entertaining as SNL! We just haven't been doing too much lately, so nothing really big to report. Usually, we would be snowshoeing every weekend and enjoying winter a little bit more. Then again, in past winters, I haven't been carrying a baby in womb, either.

This weekend has been super productive and I'm happy with the things that we've accomplished. Mostly the things I've done, since typically I can find a good excuse to just lay around. Matt's always doing something productive it seems! Sometimes, I just want him to be lazy like me! I digress. I managed to finish up a few things that I've been putting off, do a few loads of baby things in prep for the baby, write what I can in the baby book, and take care of some general business. Matt and I also assembled (meaning, put the wheels on!) the baby's travel system and took the pack & play out of the box. Each step gets us both that much more for baby's arrival! When I type it all out, it seems like nothing. :(

We went to Junction yesterday to shop and go to church. We headed out after an eventful start to the morning, not involving the hospital or our baby, but rather a call from the bank to check out what appeared to be a fraudulent situation. While Matt was out for a quick morning walk, I ordered our crib online. We found the one we wanted a few days ago, but I just hadn't placed the order yet. Well, when he came home, I was on the phone with one of my sisters. Rather than interrupting our conversation, I figured I'd tell him that I ordered the crib when I was off the phone. In the mean time, Matt's phone rang and it was Wells Fargo, asking about a purchase from a furniture store in Florida. Matt, not knowing that I had purchased the crib that morning, denied the transaction, thus starting the process of cancelling his credit card. (Whoa. Those people don't waste any time!) I ordered the crib online, so I really didn't care where it came from. What difference does it make, right? In Wells Fargo defense, I'm glad they took the time to call about a transaction in Florida when clearly we live in Colorado. Anyway, the whole situation could have been avoided if I would have asked my sister to hold on for 2 seconds while I told Matt that I purchased the crib. My fault! Note to self: some things are important enough to interrupt a conversation.

Currently, we're socked in with low clouds and snow that's been falling all day long. It's only sticking where snow already existed, so the roads are just wet and slushy. I LOVE days like this where we can enjoy the weather without worrying about going somewhere. I especially like when they fall on a weekend! Seriously, I do. Of course, Matt still managed to get a 9-mile run in despite the snow. See what I mean on the productivity level!? I had to laugh today when I got to the page in the baby book that said, "Number of pounds Mommy gained ________ Number of pounds Daddy gained _______." Ha! My skinny guy has gone negative if anything! How bad will that make my number look in the book!? I'm pullin' double digits while Matt's going negative...

I'm looking forward to two short weeks at school - this week, the kids have Friday off, and everyone has next Monday off. My last performance for the year will be February 23rd. It's a first grade concert, and the kids are singing patriotic songs with a little bit of dialogue that I wrote to go with the songs that I picked. I'm keeping it very simple!

Remember last year when I blogged about Girls on the Run? The program for 3rd-8th grade girls involving a 5k run? Anyway, I'm the head coach at my school this year, so I've been attending a few extra meetings and trainings for that. I'm excited to start the program and the girls ask me about it almost every day. I guess they're pretty pumped, too! I have recruited two other teachers and the school counselor to help coach, so they will take over when I leave. I'm sure I'll pop in on a few practices before the race on May 1st. Matt, Baby, and I may even make the trip to Junction so I can walk (and push the stroller?!) in the back of the group to encourage any stragglers from our group. I'm sure we won't decide one way or the other until the night of April 30th.

Oh! Speaking of April 30th, that's the night of the Garfield Re-2 music faculty concert, which I guess I'm a part of since I teach in the district. I have no idea what we're doing, except for the fact that I WILL be singing something with the other vocalists, but I WON'T be singing a solo or accompanying anyone. Not this year!

And that's your weekend update with Julie Rustand. (Picture me throwing a pencil at the computer screen in typical SNL fashion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment