Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Owie and Owie Care

2-10
In a string of nice days, the kids and I were outside playing quite a bit after school. With outside play comes the inevitable scrapes and owies. The first victim was Molly. She was walking up the cement steps in the backyard and rounded the corner to go up the deck steps but she tripped over the two inch cement step just before the deck. Down she went. I thought at first that she managed to miss the bottom deck step, but as soon as she sat up and I saw her face it was evident that she nailed her cheekbone on the step. A huge blue egg showed up instantly. She cried and cried - and rightfully so. Anything on the face hurts really bad. I put an icy pack on it followed by a band-aid though she wasn't actually bleeding. Molly calmed down after the band-aid, so whatever. I tried to take a picture of it the night it happened (the first picture), but her face just looks washed out. The next morning, she looked pretty rough. I snapped some pictures to document her first black eye (it is, right? or am I forgetting an incident?). Completely unrelated to the black eye, I had to wake her up from her nap that day to go pick up Charlie and it did not go well. She had a hard wake-up. She fussed and cried for close to an hour afterwards. Yikes. I tried everything; snacks, snuggles, books, toys, blankets, icy packs, and she wasn't having any of it. In a last ditch effort, I put on an episode of Curious George and it worked! She sat down and Alanna very kindly wrapped her blanket around her shoulders. Alanna then proceeded to sit next to Molly with her arm wrapped around her shoulders while they watched Curious George together. It was a very sweet gesture. 12 minutes later, Molly was back to her regular self just in time for Daddy to walk in the door. Whew!








No comments:

Post a Comment