11-3
We're putting the ART in pARTy!!! :) :) Alanna wanted to have a painting party this year and it turned out to be a fun and manageable time! She invited eleven friends and I think seven actually came. I ordered aprons, paint brushes, and blank canvas bags from Amazon, raided my craft paint stash (and filled in a few gaps with a quick Walmart run), set out some jars for rinse water and paper plates for the paint palates... Poof! Art party! Matt helped me set everything up in the garage which worked out really well. It was a little chilly that day so I set up the space heater and we were totally fine.
Because a few kids didn't come, Molly and Hattie got to paint a bag, too. At this table was Molly, Zoe, Tylee, and Hattie.
At this table was Alanna, Macy, Peyton, Avery, Alex, and Elliyah. I think everyone had enough space. Matt and I stayed busy getting more paint for the girls, helping rinse some stencils that I bought, and just being extra sets of hands. At one point, one of the girls started painting her hand to do a handprint on her bag and I had a mild panic attack... but then it worked out ok. I think only one girl got paint on her shirt, and it happened to be the one wearing white. Darn! Craft paint does not come out, either. Honestly, it could have been worse!
From left to right: Avery, Alex, Elliyah, Zoe, Tylee, Alanna, Macy, and Peyton. All of these girls are in Alanna's class at school and they are all such sweet and kind girls! It was a great group. All of the girls have been at our house for other playdates, too.
In sticking with our painting theme, I cashed in a long-standing offer from my friend Teresa to come and paint faces at a birthday party. She graciously came and painted all of the girls including Molly, Hattie, AND MATT!! HA! (Charlie wasn't around for the birthday party. Macy's mom Anita offered to do a kiddo switch so she took Charlie back to her house to play with her boys during the party. He had a great time and didn't feel like he missed out on anything at home.) Anyway, Teresa brought over about six or seven different pictures of designs and the girls had fun choosing. Alanna chose a white tiger. Teresa paints amazing faces and does it so quickly. She paints at several festivals in the summer and has quite the little side business. Face painting has come a long ways since I was a kid! It used to be teddy bears and rainbows and balloons on your cheek!
Teresa set up in the kitchen and the kids drew numbers to see who would go first (after Alanna, that is). All the girls were excited to just sit and watch each girl get their face done. It was awesome.
Alanna and Tylee (who happens to be our neighbor)
Macy, Alanna, and Avery
Hattie chose a purple unicorn and sat really still while Teresa was painting. So cute!
Peyton, Hattie, and Alanna.
Peyton, Alanna, Elliyah, Zoe, and Molly
Alex opted to get her painting on her hand so she could see it. Well played, Alex!
Alex, Alanna, and Peyton
The whole bunch - including Daddy who got a little mer-man on his forehead. #dadofdaughters
Then Alanna opened gifts from her friends. She received several art kits which was a great fit for her!
We finished with a snack; rice krispie paint brushes and dipped pretzel rods. No cupcakes! Halelujiah! :) After snack, the girls had a little bit of time to play before parents came to pick up the girls. It was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment