5-2-13
I decided to see how Alanna would do without her pacifier on Friday afternoon. For whatever reason, I fully anticipated an all-out meltdown. I got nothing. She jabbered for a few minutes longer than normal and then promptly fell asleep! She didn't say a word (or cry or whimper or anything) that night when she didn't get the pacifier, either. Crazy!! She still has her blankets (her blankie posse includes her pink fuzzy one with white polka dots and her elephant ribbon blanket) which obviously made the transition super easy. Wow. I'm so impressed! I kinda wish I would have taken a picture of her the night before with her pacifier in, but it's too late now! I just decided on a whim to try it, not expecting such great results. We need to take her out for an ice cream treat much like we did when Charlie got rid of his pacifier!! Charlie was done with it at 22 months after he started biting and chewing them. Alanna never chewed hers, but I just thought it might be time to try taking it away. Thanks, kids, for making that super, super easy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment