Thursday, May 23, 2013
Strawberry Jam
A few weeks ago, I got into a seriously good deal on strawberries - $0.99 per pound! Since pick-your-own strawberry patches are non-existent in Colorado, I stocked up and bought 27 pounds of berries over 6 days. WHOA. I made 7 batches of jam and helped Matt make the last two for a total of 9 batches. The jam seemed to set up really well this year! Obviously we ate a bunch, and I froze several pounds to use in smoothies, too. In one of the last posts about strawberry pancakes in the family room, those strawberries were part of the 27lb haul. We ate one pound between the four of us for dinner that night - they were so, so good. It wasn't just that the price was really low, but the berries themselves were really tasty! I should have taken pictures of the finished product, but I spread it out over a few days and never had a full table of jam like we have had in years past. A batch one day, three the next, three the next, two the next... our freezer is full! It's easy and so worth it for us. We'll see how long it lasts! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment