10-27
On Tuesday morning, I got a small peek at what our normal routine will be like; loading up the van to drop Charlie off at school. It was a small, small taste as I only had Charlie and Hattie with me since Hattie and I had a follow-up appointment at the hospital at 9am. I had to get up (gasp!) and get myself ready to go before rousing Hattie to get her nursed before we had to leave to get Charlie to school on time. I'm thankful that school starts a bit later than most (tardy bell at 8:55) but if it started an hour earlier then Matt could drop Charlie off on his way to work. Pros and cons to both ways! Anyway, Hattie and I helped Charlie (and his bag of canned goods) to school before reporting back to the hospital. The appointment went well and was all the standard checks: incision, swelling, uterus squeeze, nursing latch, Hattie's current weight, etc. Hattie weighed in at 7 pounds 6 ounces, so up three ounces from her discharge weight on Saturday (7 pounds 3 ounces). My own personal recovery has been going really well, and I already felt like by Tuesday morning my swelling was nearly gone. It seems like in the past it has been a few days longer before I've been able to see any bones in my feet - yikes.
Anyway, on a typical morning, I won't feel the need to rush to get Hattie fed before we drop Charlie off since we literally run to school and run home again, an 8.5-minute trip. And, thankfully, I believe it will be after Thanksgiving before I have to actually do the whole routine by myself. :)
I think with each of our babies, I maybe have one picture of Matt in the more classic dad pose; napping on the couch with a baby on his chest. The thing is, Matt doesn't take naps. Or lay down. Like ever. So now I have one of Matt and Hattie, the requisite baby on chest picture!
Molly wanted to hold Hattie after her bath. I think Molly really just wanted to inspect Hattie a bit closer.
No comments:
Post a Comment