11-2
Happy Fourth Birthday, Alanna Faye!!
After looking at many, many options for birthday cakes, I finally just decided that what Alanna really wanted was a bright, colorful cake. Enter rainbow cake! I made the rainbow out of candy melts and then stood it upright on a pile of white candy melts so it would stay upright. When I put it on the cake, I put pink frosting over the white candy melts so the marshmallows would have something to stick to, and poof! A rainbow and clouds! Bright and cheery, just like Alanna!
I painted the birthday girl's nails white and Molly's pink.
What a pile of gifts! She received lots of great gifts!
Alanna wanted to open a gift in the morning so badly, so we let her open one - a Snow White dress-up dress! (Ahem, Halloween clearance. Score!)
Her special birthday lunch - a happy meal from McDonald's with her special date, Daddy. Molly, Hattie and I stayed home. Alanna even got to play in the play place after lunch.
When she and Daddy got home, we gave her another gift - a new 12'' bike! I bought it the week prior to her birthday from someone on a buy/sell/trade page for only $10. She was super excited about it!
Hattie and Molly played in the crib for a few minutes when I got Molly up from her nap.
And now for the rest of her gifts! She waited not-so-patiently until Charlie got home from school so he could watch her open gifts. Charlie kept trying to steal attention away from Alanna. It was a bit difficult. I know I was extra hard on him while she was opening gifts, but I also remember a very patient younger sister just sitting on the couch watching her big brother open his gifts on his birthday. She even folded the clothes he received, for crying out loud. Charlie was desperate for attention and I was determined to stay focused on Alanna. It was a struggle. Anyway, the special birthday girl took her time opening birthday gifts and inspected each one very carefully. She paged through a preschool workbook checking to make sure all the letters in the alphabet were in the book, she persistently peeled off a sticker on a tag reader book (7 minutes, folks!) so she could page through the book, she tried on each dress-up dress she received and wanted to do each activity as soon as she opened it (i.e., "Can we make cookies RIGHT NOW?" after she opened an apron and some kitchen tools from Lake Grandma). It was so much fun to see her excited over each gift. Thank you to those who sent birthday gifts!!
Another princess dress, Aurora, I believe.
An Anna dress from the Goulds!
Barbies from Country Grandma!
The apron and kitchen utensils from Lake Grandma.
Molly was copying Alanna by holding up her fingers to show her age. Not quite, Molly Girl!
The birthday girl!!!
Matt to the rescue - he remembered the birthday plate just in time for me to serve Alanna her birthday cake on it!
Taking a minute to snuggle baby Hattie.
When Charlie and Molly were in the bath, Alanna and I got to work on her new little Lego set. It took about an hour, but she put together the whole thing with minimal help from me.
The excitement of the day took its toll on Hattie!
Wow you guys know how to make a little girl happy... having fun catching up with the Rostand's this AM ;) Also FYI- the dress we gave her is actually in the PJ section. Sophia and Bella have one too and they love that they can wear their "dress up" dresses to bed.
ReplyDelete