11-23
Happy Thanksgiving! Our original plan was to spend the day with Tyrone and Anita Miller since they had invited us to come to their house. However, on Wednesday morning, I got a call from Anita cancelling the day because she had sick kids. Bummer! I raced to the freezer and pulled out a turkey. Thanks to Mr. Foods and his 'unthaw a turkey quickly in water' trick, that bird was unthawed by Thanksgiving morning, wouldn't you know. I asked the kids what their favorite dishes were so I could make them and we ended up with turkey, sweet potato casserole, carrots and croutons, a small dish of green bean casserole, Matt made a braided bread, cranberry butter, pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. Not too shabby on 24 hours notice!! It was a quiet day together and I don't mind that one bit. We spent some time outside in the afternoon and if I remember correctly, Molly helped me wash windows! I'm so thankful for these five people and can NOT imagine my life without them. Thank you, Jesus, for your precious blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment