12-13
Matt went into Alanna's kindergarten class to help with their gingerbread houses (I had a hair appointment and couldn't go!). He spent an hour at school helping Alanna and two other kiddos build these beautiful houses! Mrs. Jarvis adds raw eggs to the frosting to give it a hardening effect - and she was very adamant that the kids know NOT to eat the frosting! Alanna talked about that part for two days prior to the actual gingerbread house making. Doesn't it look so great? It's a fancy Chinet paper plate turned upside down with a graham cracker house, a sugar cone tree, and two gingerbread cookies as the people. I love her pretzel pattern around the whole thing. It was so much fun to see all of the houses that the kids made as they came out of school the next day (after letting the frosting set overnight)! So creative! I know there were 13-15 parents who came to help out so I'm positive that everyone had adequate parent/student attention.
Matt snapped these pictures while he was there. I think the boy's name is Connor, and then it's Macy and Alanna. It was a small little group - ideal for such a hands-on activity.
A few pictures of Alanna and her gingerbread house when she brought it home. It is adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment