Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Second Grade Christmas Party

12-21
Both Charlie and Alanna's classes had pancake parties on the last day of school before Christmas break. There was a surplus of parents who offered to help with Alanna's class party so I signed-up to help in Charlie's classroom. I haven't spent enough time in each of their classes so I was looking forward to it. Molly and Hattie went to play at Anita Miller's so I could be at school by myself. It was a fun party! Mrs. Powley set up a pancake bar and all of the kids brought in pre-made pancakes or various toppings for the pancakes. The adults helped kids through the line and got everyone their pancakes and then the kids played a few games. The party was wrapped up by about 9:15-9:30 in the morning. The rest of the morning was spent doing some fun Christmas-themed work and the whole school participated in MoviePlex in the afternoon. Charlie chose to watch Despicable Me 3 and Alanna watched Moana. Once I was done helping in Charlie's class, I peeked into Alanna's classroom and found the kindergartners partnered up with their fourth grade reading buddies working on a foam gingerbread house craft. I snapped a pic of Alanna and her buddy Ellie before heading out. We were set to leave for MN that day after school but due to weather, we ultimately decided to leave Friday morning at 4AM instead. I ran an errand or two before going to pick up Molly and Hattie from their friend's house. It was great!
 A game of hot potato with a stuffed Christmas bear. 
 Charlie's class has some fun and different seating options! I have no idea how they decide who gets what or how often they trade, but I love it!
 Charlie and his buddy Zach Miller
 The second graders were also asked to bring in a small gift for each of the students in the class - all 27 of them! I panicked a bit but then we started thinking about things that you can get in multi-packs at Dollar Tree and then it made more sense. Charlie got everyone little spiral notepads. The kids were instructed to bring in a stocking to keep in the classroom, so as the kids brought in their gifts, they stuffed them into the stocking. Charlie got some candy, some homemade bath bombs, a container of slime, pencils, and an assortment of trinkets and toys. He was thrilled!
 Alanna and her 4th grade reading buddy doing a project together. 
 Oh, and earlier in the week, there were a few Christmas shows on TV that the kids watched before bed. Fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment