12-2
Since Matt was out elk hunting the first weekend in December, I took the kids to Home Depot for one of their kids building clinics. The project was a gingerbread house! We got our projects and settled in to get all four of them assembled and painted before the store closed for the day. (wink, wink!) 90 minutes later, we walked out with four unique houses carefully crafted by each of the kids. It was so fun! The project was actually fairly involved, but it was time well spent. They turned out well! Plus, we had literally nothing else going on so we were happy as clams just working away on our projects until they were complete.
Two-year-olds with hammers... WATCH OUT! Just kidding. Hattie did pretty well with the hammer, tapping ever so gently on the nails. She was more interested in squeezing wood glue all over the floor...
Alanna was able to do a majority of hers all on her own. Same with Charlie. There was one tricky part but we got it done!
The fake snow is in place!
Part of the project was getting to paint it after it was built. I cringed a bit at the paint, even moreso when I found it in several places on the kids' clothes. I put their clothes in the washer almost immediately after we got home and it came out! Yay!
Charlie went for more of a traditional color for his - brown like actual gingerbread!
Later that night, the kids and I went to the parade of lights in Canon. It was a pretty nice night out for a parade, and it was just about an hour long. The thing I remember about the Canon parade of lights is that the floats are super spaced apart! The whole thing could have been done in probably 30 minutes if there wasn't all that empty space between floats. Good thing it was mild outside. :) As I recall, once the kids were in bed that night, I started painting the kitchen Yay for house projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment