9-3
The kids and I headed down to Brosi Farms the day after Charlie's first day of school to pick some end-of-summer produce and enjoy the sunshine. We snagged a small bag of green beans, several green peppers, a dozen peaches, and 76 pounds of Bartlett pears. After gathering our produce, we stopped at a new park in Winston for some playtime and a picnic lunch. Once we got home and Molly laid down for a nap, Charlie, Alanna, and I got busy crafting at the kitchen table. I think that I was feeling a bit frantic in wanting to grasp onto the time left before this whole school thing really takes over which is why we spent a better part of the day out playing. Also, Charlie is a super produce picker so having his help is legitimate help. :) 76 pounds of pears don't pick themselves!! As you can see, Molly's role is often taste tester.
No big deal that the pears crunched like apples, Molly just went for it anyway!!
Bowls of Acini de Pepe salad in the park!
9-4
This picture was taken the following day while all three kids were huddled around a book. About two seconds before I took this picture, they were all laying on their bellies with their noses in the same book. Of course, as soon as I grabbed the camera, the girls popped up. Bummer! They looked so cute all lined up! Alanna's either itching her burns or fixing her bandages in the picture. I tried to keep her in long sleeves for that first week or more so even if her bandages slipped down a bit her skin would still be relatively protected. She wore a lot of Charlie's shirts in that time!
No comments:
Post a Comment