Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Perfect Beach Day

9-20
A few weeks ago, we spent the most perfect day in Bandon. As you can see (from my many, many pictures!), it's hard to tell whether the ocean or the sky was more blue that day! Seriously, believe me when I say, it was a perfect day at the beach. I do not use the word "perfect" often for various reasons, but the word definitely applied on this day. Great temperature, clear skies, no wind (an occasional breeze, but no wind), low tide, some fabulous beach combing (over 20 pieces of my sea glass - my favorite!), happy, playful children, and a flat beach access so I didn't have to haul my over-sized body over the sand dunes. ;) We spent a handful of hours at the beach just playing, walking, talking, looking, splashing, and doing our beach thing. The beach we went to was in Bullards Beach State Park down by the lighthouse, a spot we hadn't really been to before. We saw the lighthouse several months back and walked on the jetty for a tiny bit, but we hadn't spent any time on this stretch of beach until today.
I'm sure I overdid it with the amount of pictures, and if you get sick of looking at the beautiful Pacific ocean and some cute kids feel free to scroll on, but it's my blog so I'll do what I want. Go ahead. Suffer through the pictures. :) I guess I should note that we did spend a bit of time in town doing our usual stops; super late picnic lunch on the waterfront, a stop at Cranberry Sweets, a bit of time at the toy store, as well as a short stop at the beach on the south side of the Coquille river (where the last picture was taken). We got home much later than we intended being it was a school night and all, but it was totally worth it.

I showed Molly that she had pockets in her jacket. She then proceeded to fill them up with anything and everything on the beach.




I loved watching Molly act like she was being brave by heading down to the water but then quickly turn and run the moment she felt like she was too close. Adorable!



One point down the beach a bit was a sand bar which provided a great break in the waves so Molly could play in the water a bit as well as some extended walking out into the water for Charlie and Alanna.






I was even able to get a few nice pictures of all three kiddos together!


Charlie was trying to command the waves to stop for a minute. It didn't work. But he looked pretty cute trying anyway!


Yes, this little girl ended up fairly wet and sandy by the time we headed back to the car, but no worries. It's why I always pack at least three complete changes of clothes for Molly and at least two for Charlie and Alanna. Play on, little sister!


My love.


Alanna found a tiny in-tact sand dollar!

Check out Molly's flowing locks in this picture!
 
 34 1/2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment