10-15
Molly has been pulling herself up onto the kitchen chairs for a few weeks now. She loves to feel like a big girl and join Charlie and Alanna at the table to color and draw with pencils. In the first picture, she and Charlie are giving thumbs up!
10-16
Back at the kitchen table again... Doesn't Molly's hair look long in this picture? It hangs below her eyebrows now so it's nearly time to start pulling it up in a little pony so it stays out of her eyes.
The girls joined Charlie at the table on Friday night since he was working on homework that he missed earlier in the week. The table is such a nice gathering spot, but I can see that we need a bigger one... and soon!
10-17
On Saturday, Alanna and I spent some time in the afternoon baking cookies while Sneezy and Charlie watched some football. We used Mom's basic cookie recipe and added some oats, M&M's, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. I used one cup butter and one cup coconut oil (it makes something like 5 dozen cookies). They turned out so good, and we had fun baking and talking. I'm usually frazzled when the kids help out in the kitchen because I just want things done my way, but if I deliberately decide to make it a teachable moment, it's a lot more enjoyable for the students and the teacher. Added bonus: extra one on one time. Triple bonus: warm cookies. :)
Matt was trying to get a few pictures of Molly's rash but she was being uncooperative. This guy, however, wanted his picture taken!
No comments:
Post a Comment