2-4
Lake Grandma's package arrived the day after Molly's birthday so the party continued! Why cram all the fun into just one day, right? Molly opened a few outfits, a book, and a pull toy from Grandma and Grandpa. Of course, Charlie and Alanna were close by during the whole thing. That is one thing that caught me by surprise on Molly's birthday. I was extremely short with Charlie and Alanna throughout the day; I just wanted to focus only on Molly since it was her birthday and all. I probably told Charlie and Alanna to back up, give Molly some space, put her new toys down, give Molly back her things, and other things along this same idea a hundred times that day. I already feel like Molly hasn't gotten as much attention as Charlie and Alanna so I really wanted to make her feel special on her birthday. I think I really only made myself feel exasperated by the end of the day. We do have a pretty firm 'no need to share' rule on birthdays so I was trying to enforce that for Molly, too. The vultures were there at every turn, reaching and grabbing for things that weren't theirs. I'm sure my mothering got an A from Molly but probably a D+ from Charlie and Alanna. Matt thought I was being oversensitive because it was Molly's birthday, and he's probably right. He usually is. The emotions that come with a birthday came out in strange ways. Alas, we made it through.
No comments:
Post a Comment