February 3, 2015
Molly Girl is officially one! I'm trying pretty hard to stay focused on the excitement of her birthday and less focused on the fact that the past year has flown by entirely way, way too fast. Our family changed when this little redhead came into our lives, and we can't imagine life without her. She has put up with a lot in her first year from overzealous older siblings to cross-country road trips to moving across the country. She has been shuttled, carted, pushed, pulled, carried, strapped, and slung to match the rhythm of our family. In some ways, I feel apologetic that her first year has been different from Charlie and Alanna's, but on the other hand, she and I have gotten in some really quality snuggle time in my various baby carriers. From the very beginning Molly loved to be upright on my chest, and that still is true now. She often lays her head down my shoulder and pats my arm. She says Mama, uh-oh, and Dada. She walks with help but is not walking by herself. She eats pretty much whatever I put in front of her, takes a 2-hour nap in the afternoon (sometimes less, more often more), and sleeps through the night from 8-7:30ish. Oh, baby girl. We seriously adore you!!
Ok, so Molly's birthday was filled with the usual things; pictures, playing, special meals, presents, cards, and birthday cake. I hope she felt special though it's really hard to tell. My only measure was that she hardly fussed all day long, so that must mean something, right?! Her birthday cupcake was purple and red with white frosting and loads of sprinkles. I put the rest of the cake batter into rounds and made a small layer cake for the rest of us. Molly kept dipping her pointer finger into the frosting and licking it off. She didn't make too much of a mess and ended up eating probably a quarter of her cupcake. Molly tried to open several presents with her teeth - hilarious and resourceful at the same time! She received lots of nice things from lots of people who love her. It was a great day focusing (as much as possible with two older children in the house) on our baby girl. Happy first birthday, Molly! We love you so very much!
CUTE pictures, Jules! I'm sure she had a very fun day :)
ReplyDelete