1-19
After our super successful and fun trip to Bandon earlier in the week, we decided to head back the next weekend so Matt could join in the fun. We went to the same area in Bandon, but the tide was higher so we missed out on the tide pools this time. The kids and I saw our first banana slug on the path down to the beach though! Alanna wanted to pet the slug. I did not. We brought the crab pot and threw it in the water while we were in town. Our only catch of the day was a small crab. The water was really high, really murky, and moving really fast - and I'm thinking that all of those things do not make for very good crabbing. Matt showed me some pictures of agates so we maybe knew what to look for this time, too. We came home with a few shells and fancy rocks but I'm not convinced that any of them were agates. At the end of the day, we stopped at Devils Kitchen (yes, no apostrophe) state beach where we walked for a while and watched the sun set into the Pacific. Another great day on the coast!
No comments:
Post a Comment