Thursday, November 30, 2017

Happy 2nd Birthday, Hattie Elizabeth!!

10-22
After a lot of thought, I finally decided on a crayon birthday cake for our little birthday girl. :) She loves to color and draw and do anything at the table with her sisters and brother! 
At first, it was going to be a pink crayon. I dyed the frosting pink and got the cake shape all put together. Once I frosted the cake with the light pink frosting, it looked very much like an inappropriate male body part. Yikes! I ended up making blue fondant to cover it up. It turned out really cute! 

How do you like Matt's birthday banner? We had two reusable birthday banners and I had asked Matt to pick one and put it up. Instead, he came up with this little number. Yep, it's actual paint on the wall! I had a few paint samples on the wall and was going to paint the kitchen relatively soon anyway, so Matt went for something totally different and just painted the words. It's so funny!
Birthday breakfast for Hattie - monkey bread! It's a family favorite and I don't make it too often, thus increasing the special-ness when we do have it! 
A little outdoor playtime. It was a cool fall day, a nice day to celebrate a birthday. 
Hattie's aunties were in town visiting over her birthday weekend. I picked Jill and Kathy up in Colorado Springs on Friday night (the 20th) and brought them back to the airport on Monday (the 23rd). We had so much fun together; lots of conversation, lots of giggling, lots of catching up, and a little afternoon outing checking out the sights of Canon City. On Sunday, Jill, Kathy, and I headed downtown to do a bit of browsing around the shops while Hattie took a little birthday nap. To finish off their visit, we took a little road trip up to Castle Rock before coming back to Colorado Springs so they could catch their flight home. Jill and Kathy played a game of "How Much Can Your Carry-On Hold?" and totally WON at that game. I am super thankful that Jill and Kathy were able to sneak away for a weekend to come out and see us! What a gift!
So then we went for a walk up to the facility behind our house (not right behind, but a quarter mile away or so). We asked Charlie and Alanna to take a picture of the three of us together. The following picture was taken by Charlie. I think.... yep, if you look closely, you can see three people-ish figured in the middle of the picture. That's us. :)
Back to our birthday girl! Of course, I took a picture of Hattie with her gifts. Goodness, she is so precious. Those pigtails! And cheeks! 


We had some of Hattie's favorites for lunch. Matt grilled brats and hot dogs and we had macaroni and cheese, fries, baked beans, and grapes with it. 
Manicure time!
Hattie opened her gifts after her nap. She loved opening each present! 
Since Jill and Kathy were visiting, we had a few extra hands to take a family photo of us crowded around the birthday girl! 
Aunties!!
Swensons and Edwards' gave Hattie a little doll bunk bed with two little dolls. It was a hit!


Hattie's holding a $5 bill and trying to figure out what this toy "does". 
Shhhhh! The babies are sleeping!
After dinner, we had birthday cake and ice cream. Hattie tried so hard to blow out her candles but couldn't quite get them out without some help.


Cake and ice cream for Hattie! Two-year-olds are sooooo much neater than one-year-olds. Can you see all of the pink frosting under the blue fondant? 
Silly cake face!

Happy birthday to our youngest, our last baby, our darling Hatite Elizabeth. We love you so very much, little girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment