Friday, November 17, 2017

Landform Cookie

9-6
One of Charlie's first projects at school was to make an edible display of several specific landforms. We started with a sugar cookie base. The green sugar is grassland, the crushed graham cracker above it is desert sand. The blue sugar and brown/yellow palm trees are the oasis. (Yellow? I didn't have any green candy melts at the time so the trees were yellow instead. Whatev. It's the second grade.) The gumdrops are mountains and the sprinkles in between is the valley. Over in the blue marshmallow fluff, there's an island, a peninsula, a bay, a coast, a sailboat made out of pretzels and candy melts, and all of the sprinkles are people hanging out at the beach and/or swimming in the water. I'll be honest and say that Charlie and I had a pretty fun time with what I perceived to be 'parent' homework. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment