Friday, November 3, 2017

Superglue

8-11
Molly had her first ER visit after crashing into Charlie who was on his bike. I'm not sure if he legitimately couldn't stop his bike because she ran in front of him, or if he was being a stinker and just wanted to run over her because she was pestering him because I didn't actually see the accident. All I saw was a LOT of blood and some hysterical crying. She wouldn't let me wipe it off or anything so I just held her for a bit. I finally was able to wipe around it a tiny bit and then decided that it was probably worth a trip down to the emergency room. I called Matt and he was able to come home to be with the other kids while I took Molly in. We got in almost right away and she was so brave while three (or four?) male doctors and nurses came in to look at her. Two of them held the cut closed and superglued her wound back together. Molly got a huge popsicle while she was waiting AND she got to watch a little Paw Patrol in the treatment room, so she was basically on a kid vacation. I was pleasantly surprised at how calm she was when they glued her face, especially after enduring probably 20-25 minutes of hysterics! 
I think these pictures are actually from the day after it happened. There's a lot of dried blood under the steri strips and mixed in with the super glue. It looked like this for quite a while (at least a week) before some of the strips and extra glue started coming off. 

That night, we crossed one more thing off our summer to-do list by going out for burgers and shakes at The Owl. It always reminds me of the Kozy Korner in Kathryn, ND, a place where my grandparents would take me/us for a special meal out while we stayed with them in the summer. The smell alone takes me right back to that place! 


No comments:

Post a Comment