Thursday, November 30, 2017

Kinder Field Trip

10-19
When I heard that Alanna's class was taking a field trip to Diana's Pumpkin Patch, I quickly volunteered to help! As an added bonus to that, a girlfriend of mine texted me and asked if she could hang out with her little friends at the exact same time and day as the field trip! So strange... I'm super thankful that Donna offered to watch Molly and Hattie so I could go with Alanna and just focus on her. There were several parents who volunteered to help so we were put in really small groups. We were able to run around the place with three kids and two parents! My friend Tina, Bentley's mom, had asked Mrs. Jarvis to be put in a group with me and so we had fun chatting while we explored with the kids. We arrived at 11:30 and the kids boarded the bus to go back to school just after 1:00. We squeezed in a lot of activities and even ate lunch while we were there. It was a beautiful, warm October day for us to spend a few hours at the pumpkin patch! 
Alanna, Alex Piquette, Bentley Olguin (Tina's son)
 Alanna and Alex are pretty good friends. I've known Alex's mom, Vicki, for years after first meeting her at MOPS way back in the day. We were pregnant with these two girls together as well as the next ones (Molly and Alan). In fact, it was a presentation that Vicki did at MOPS that introduced me to couponing! She's a couponing wiz. 
 Teamwork from the kids - hauling those pumpkins back to the bus. 
 These three are pretty great!
 Tina and I got to pick out pumpkins, too, so the cart was extra full. 
 Alanna, Alex, and I took a quick jaunt through a small portion of the corn maze before it was time to head back for the group picture.

 The whole kindergarten class. The back row is all the boys. There are only 9 boys in her class! There are 17 girls (one was in the bathroom and missed the picture) making for quite a lop-sided group. It really seems like a nice group of kids as I've gotten a chance to at least talk with several of the parents. And just in case you can't find her, Alanna is on her knees on the far right in the very front row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment